Aglio e Olio
Aglio e Olio is Italian and mean garlic and oil. It is a pasta dish that was first created in Italy. Which town in Italy is often debated, as the recipe is so beloved, everyone wishes to lay claim to it.
We have added our very own touch with our Family Vintage Reserva Familiar olive oil.
This simple dish of garlic, pasta and our olive oil was created for us by Chef Rene Rodriguez. The gentle cooking method allow for the flavours to slowly meld together. Then, the dish is precisely seasoned.
Aglio e Olio ingredients:
400 grams spaghetti
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves thinly sliced garlic
1 teaspoon chili flakes
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
½ cup pasta water
2 thin slices of baguette, toasted dark, then finely chopped, to make breadcrumbs
½ cup freshly grated Grana Padano
4 fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Add the oil and lightly heat.
- Add the garlic and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Drain the pasta and reserve ½ cup cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the pan.
- Sprinkle in the chili flakes, lemon, and pasta water.
- Allow everything to heat together for 2 minutes. Turn the pan off.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Add cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Garnish with basil.