Chimichurri Mushroom are the quintessential Latin American tapa. Enjoy this recipe create for us by Top Chef Canada Winner Chef Rene Rodriguez.
First a delectable Chimichurri Sauce is created using our "Reserva Familiar" Extra Virgin Olive Oil , Dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, a splash of lemon juice, along with sea salt, garlic, green onions, and herbs.
Then, a variety of mushrooms are cooked with fingerling potatoes and deglazed of wine. Next, the Chimichurri sauce is poured over. Once combined, you'll experience the flavor of the latin beat!
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
1 cup "Reserva Familiar" Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cloves garlic
1 bunch green onions
½ bunch cilantro
½ bunch flat parsley
For the main dish:
2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons diced onion
10 fingerling potatoes, parboiled and cut in half
4 cups mixed wild mushrooms such as oysters, shiitake, enoki and a few sliced cremini
½ cup white wine
Garnish:¼ cup grated Manchego cheese
- In a blender add the olive oil, mustard, sherry vinegar, lemon juice and salt.
- Toss in the garlic, green onion, cilantro, and parsley
- Puree until smooth and set aside.
- In a large non-stick pan add the butter and heat until melted.
- Add the onions and potatoes. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and increase heat. Fry until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chimichurri sauce to the pan.
- Plate in large 4 bowls.
- Sprinkle Manchego on top.
- Serve with crusty baguette